Friday, May 12, 2006

Some struggles, some juggles

Well we only got 1 row pulled today. The soil had just gotten too compacted since we plowed it. We made the mistake of putting down water because the pumice soil at Charlie's field dries out quickly and we basically made ourselves some concrete blocks. So we'll have to go back Monday with the rippers and break up each row before pulling the mulch and drip-tape over it. Dad and I got a little distressed while working on calibrating the row puller but after that first row was finally pulled we threw our hands in the air and said "no way, stress is pointless and we'll just get this done when we get it done." Last year it rained until the end of the month and we didn't get anything planted until the 23rd so we aren't anywhere near that far behind yet.

We did make good progress on the fence though, well over half done with that. Still have to construct a gate but that shouldn't be too difficult with my brother the most excellent welder to lend a hand. He's building a wonderful gate for some lady's driveway right now, I don't think my field gate will need that fancy scroll-work though.

I think it's about time for another dreaming experiment. If anyone wants to provide an image for me to dream about please do so in the comments and I will check them tomorrow sometime to see if I did so. Once more, please nothing vulgar, violent or gross, I will not only not dream about it but I will also delete the comment.

A strand of gossamer magic decorated with dewdrop rainbows to set you free.

2 comments:

Rae Ann said...

Dream image? Let me see. How about a lemon or lemon tree? Mine is finally getting ready to bloom this year after growing about 4 years. It was just a little stick in a pot of dirt when my dad gave it to me that many years ago. Now it's muvh taller than me, about 6 feet!

Guy said...

Whoops! I already looked at this comment. Well I didn't dream about lemon trees last night so that shoots down dream precognition.

I'll let you know if it comes up spontaneously though.

I need to make this dream experiment occur weekly on a certain day, that way I can get the timing down right.