Tuesday, May 09, 2006

CNN, George Bush, Illegal Immigrants and high gas prices

I've been really weirded out the last couple days by CNN. They keep saying that President Bush's low approval ratings are purely a reflection on the war in Iraq. That Glenn Beck fellow mentioned it several times today and I think it was Wolf that said so a few days ago. I have heard it from CNN repeatedly and from a number of other liberal sources like that hardball Chris Matthews.

But when I search the blogrolls and talk with my friends and family, our low opinion of Bush has nothing to do with the war in Iraq. Everyone is frustrated first about his stance on illegal immigrants and open borders (most especially the open border which is an open invitation to terrorism.) Do a search of the blogs for "illegal immigrants" and you'll find 20 blogs against illegal immigrants for every one pro (I counted yesterday.) Secondly people have an indirect anger with Bush about gas prices. Personally I think this is a little unfounded psychology at work because of his ties with big oil, but then again large groups often have a pretty good peg on things.

The point is almost everyone is indifferent or even positive on his roll in the Iraq war. In this part of the world I would have to say the vast majority of people are actually approving of much of the war effort, not that it couldn't have gone better. The same goes for the international wire tapping issue. No one here buys into the democrat's allegation that the NSA has been tapping domestic phones; it only makes sense to tap phone calls to islamic countries during this time of crisis, so what is the liberal's beef with that?

What do CNN and the liberals hope to get out of this distortion of the truth? Are they really dumb enough to think that they can tell us what is on our minds and that we'll then believe them?

It is fascinating to witness this divergence between what they would like us to believe ( with their effort to reinforce such ) and what everyone has their concerns set on. I think this sort of slanted journalism is becoming very visible to a world equipped with the mass consciousness of blogs, the web, etc. and is actually starting to discredit some of the broadcast news media and cable channels that are so accustomed to applying their opinion swaying muscles.

2 comments:

Rae Ann said...

Yes, you're right about the mainstream media (MSM) losing influence and power. But I think that there are still very many people who take and believe the crap they are fed by the MSM. Truly, the situation is Iraq is only a diversion for the liberals when there are many issues that real people are more concerned with. And what's with the bad news they give on the ecomony when it's in about the same shape as the so-called (and much ballyhooed by the libs) 'Clinton Golden Era'? Sure, the gas prices are high, but all the other ecomonic indicators are very positive. You NEVER hear that on CNN.

Guy said...

We've got to figure a way to get the blog message out to more "ordinary folk", someone should start making a blogpaper with random selections from all over the blogosphere. Or a blogazine would work too.

Yeah, Clinton's golden era was paid for by all of Reagan's hard work. I heard on FOX last night that there are 11 million people in American with 1 million+ yearly incomes. That's 11 Trillion dollars in personal income. I wish my economy was going that poorly.

My sordid truth about gas prices: I'm jazzed, high gas prices hurt my competitors (Walmart, Safeway, etc.) far more than they do me. Yeah fertilizer, fuel and irrigation cost more because of the high petroleum, but I only have to transport my product either 1.5 miles from the old farm or a few hundred feet from the new farm to where I sell from. I cut out all the middlemen in my supply chain and my customers get food 1-2 weeks fresher than they otherwise would.