Tuesday, May 02, 2006

A fine and lovely day.

Despite numerous stresses, set-backs, and people who actually think they have an obligation to coerce my mind. Good luck with that!

Beneath the open blue sky and the blazing sun there is little that man has to say which will reflect across the mind of a being solely engaged upon the fine and fibrous light of effort. Onions are starting to flower and dad's fig trees are happy with their roots wet in their new homes of thick clay and vibrant mineral. Here the land and wind sing of time beyond measure and powers which only the body in its entirety can apprehend. Feel the creaking of the earth, the slow squeeking of plant flesh pushing towards heat and sun and sky. A hawk flies by chased by the male of a nesting pair of purple martins. She's gone so fast I only recognize her by the bars on her wings. The frost which decorated metal, plastic, and stone this morning is less then a memory although coolness can still be found in small patches of shadow. The onions will be allowed to flower and seed so that next year I might plant a huge field of sweet and fragrant bulbs. The figs I pray survive.

Good luck and may all your efforts bring peace, freedom and happiness to those around you.

2 comments:

Rae Ann said...

That was beautifully said!

Guy said...

I forgot I could do that!

One of the functions of liberal rhetoric is to make us so angry we forget to tap the spirit for what we really need: peace of mind.

Please don't take offense: I made a change to my comments which looks a little snooty. I made it say "Comments Allowed" because I've had liberals and dumbasses (can you tell them apart?) posting comments as if I insisted that they do so. From here on out I want to be able to say I gave them permission not an invitation.