Friday, May 12, 2006

Beautiful morning

A triangle of thickish clouds hang on the eastern horizon above the ridge behind the farm. Three crows hang desultory in the almond tree. An occasional squack or caw is their only comment on the morning. It is cool but I wish those clouds had done me the favor of bringing a dust settler. Just a little shower to freshen the air.

This morning we will empty the big greenhouse in preparation for the warm weather that is around the corner and in order to begin planting in a few days. Unfortunately we'll also have to spend some of this valuable time doing clean-up as the assorted field roads and parking areas are getting quite shaggy looking.

Last night's dreams were vivid, intense and rich. The first one involved me as an investigator going into a large fabric boutique/ garment warehouse checking for stolen merchandise. The two ladies at the desk were like "no! no! you can't go in there!" as I strolled past the store front and into the cavernous building beyond which was hung from floor to ceiling with huge bundles of brightly colored cloth. I pointed at my badge and said "This lets me go anywhere" and then walked over to their computer. Suddenly a white cat wearing bright sparkles of spiral diamond shaped patterns walked out of the computer and curled around my legs. The building shimmered and the dark shadows which pervaded the place became even more voluminous, seeming to devour the very shape of the warehouse, turning it into a deep midnight forest.

The second dream of interest involved me living in a tiny aluminum windstream trailer and a couple of rude young men who kept stopping by to visit. They were always digging amidst my cupboards and closets looking for items of interest, my stash of the peculiar and unreal. In the midst of this dream I had the overwhelming impression of 2 words: Irrelevant Immutables. And so I decided I would make a blog by that name, perhaps to place my more esoteric dreams and oddities of thought.

Well, gotta go have breakfast and get to work. Hope your day is fun and fulfilling and free.

1 comment:

Rae Ann said...

Well, your first dream is pretty freaky! Again, not that it's related, though we just don't know how the collective unconscious works sometimes, I was thinking and writing about spirals in nature and beyond last night. (this was in response to Lubos's "homework" assignment on one of his posts yesterday)