Thursday, May 25, 2006

More transplanting- eggplant, peppers and melons

Put in 4 new types of eggplant today should be really interesting; from parts of Asia and India. Also planted a big variety of peppers including Habanero, Thai, Serano, Yellow Bells, and Pablano.

The triploid (seedless) watermelon seed arrived today, red and yellow varieties which we will plant tomorrow. I've desperately got to put an order together for more standard watermelon seed from Chesmore seed co. if only I can compel my tired self to do so.

Also planted 8 more rows of sweet corn today, just a bit to sort of stop gap during this cold weather. It's hard to control weeds during rainy weather so we're keeping this field to a minimum while we wait for better germination temps and sun for weed control.

My good bud and classmate Mike Light might be able to stop by this weekend. Hope he doesn't mind squalor as I have been way too busy to clean up for the last 3 weeks or so. It isn't really squalor by other people's standards but I prefer a much tidier place than I have at the moment. He'll have to focus on my sterling personality and ignore my ambiance.

Our neighbors have decided to sell their house. I had heard rumors to this effect but when the sign went up a few days back I was sort of thrown for a loop. Wild! Should be interesting having new people in there. Hope I get some cool folk my own age that I can hang out with. It'll have to be someone wealthy 'cause they are asking 925,000$ whew! a bit steep for me. It is a really nice big 2 story house with basement and 7 acres of land located only 3 miles from an I-5 on-ramp. Housing prices here have been totally insane for the last couple of years but I really wonder if they'll get that much for it. I'll try to get a pic up here for everyone to see.

Wishing you a delightful day and a nifty night.

1 comment:

Rae Ann said...

Have a great visit with your friend! And wow(!) that is expensive for your neighbor's property.