Monday, May 15, 2006

It's Global Warming all over again

It is 95 degrees in the middle of May !? Oh my goodness, must be global warming coming to get me.

This time last year it was still raining. I couldn't plant my corn until the 23rd of May and we had a light frost just a few nights after that.

Seasonal fluctuations are just that. Even the cycles of glaciation and retreat are unpredictable and driven by forces too complex for human reason to unravel.

Today it is unusually hot for this time of year, but the weather man says that a week from yesterday we have a chance of rain. That is pretty much the same conclusion which can be extended about any period of time into the future: a chance of things being one way or the other. Otherwise we'd call it the past.

Oh, and back to the corn: this year's first planting is just about to pop out of the ground. Should be up and growing full force by Wednesday. Woo-Hoo!

1 comment:

Rae Ann said...

We are currently experiencing 'blackberry winter' which happens just about every spring, though I can recall a couple of years when it didn't really get chilly enough for the 'winter' label. As far as I can tell by my local environment the climate is doing exactly as it's always done... varied. lol

funny word ver. = reqnecknu