Monday, May 29, 2006

Heavy dreams

A deep and portentous slumber ruled my night. The only dream I can remember well is being chased by a disgusting bear-like creature through a junk yard and into a darkly cast cityscape where humanoid figures with twisted limbs ran pell-mell beneath flickering lights. I got into a small pickup, trying to get/drive away but of course vehicles never run right in dreams. I Gotta stop watching television.

My world is enveloped in fog this morning. A dome of featureless near-white grayness lowers the sky to just overhead making everything seem quite and close. The temp is 42, comfortably chilly for me.

Happy Memorial day to all my fellow Americans. May your barbecued hot dogs be plump and juicy and your beer cold and foamy.

To the rest of the world I wish tranquility and freedom.

1 comment:

Rae Ann said...

Sorry that your sleep was disturbed with a bad dream. I had trouble sleeping last night but no bad dreams that I can recall. Have a great Memorial Day! I'm taking a break in the cool house because it's almost 90 today. Whew!