Friday, April 07, 2006

Workaday

Planting mix:
8 parts peat moss
7 parts vermiculite
3 parts perlite
2 parts sand
1 part dolomite
Actually I'm not sure if that is exactly how I mix it. I've been doing it for so long I don't measure it like that anymore, but it's something like that. I mix the first 4 and add the dolomite and mix it again and then add water.
The lettuce plants that are coming up look super. The melons and cukes have just emerged and also look great but time will tell for sure if everything is right. I lost a fair number of tomato plants to botrytis because I let them get too damp, dang it!

Dreams continue to haunt. Not as compulsive or weirdly threatening, but the night before last I struggled with the wall of fog and early this morning I dreamt a strikingly real experience of being in my greenhouse. The white of the plastic formed a perfectly uniform perceptual cue not unlike the wall of fog, perhaps transformed into a dome which due to it's familiarity was not so threatening. Also there weren't the weird insectoid angles of dark emanations which I kept getting glimpses of through the wall of fog. Definitely will find the dome of fog much more usable and not so hard to penetrate.

Hoping the spirit finds a way to free your heart.

No comments: