Saturday, April 01, 2006

Last night and today

Whew! Vivid and intense semi-lucid dreams last night.
Started out visiting with Steve and his family. Pat got ahold of the knife I got for christmas last year and broke the blade. In a rage I managed to restrain myself and while my arm was shaking I forced myself to put the knife down on the table rather than stabbing anyone. Then I was sucked into one of the gaps in the broken blade and found myself on a bus trip to a campus where I was lost but could move with fluid grace and lightness of body. Climbing walls like a spider by rocky handholds I could also fly but when I flew towards the ceiling of one corridor's tiled roof the brick like texture kept receding. The higher I flew the bigger the volume I was in became until my flight created a huge cavern. I dropped to earth and found my way through watery waysides and liquid landscaping lined with blue primroses, daffodils and azalea. I couldn't get out of the interminable corridors, but unlike such dreams in the past I refused to awaken. I persisted in searching for a way out and found my way to a place where the road led into a great chasm looking off into a vast wooded space which terrified me. A lady who looked a little like my niece Charley told me which way to go and I found my way back through a restaurant with red velvet walls and onto the bus I had earlier departed only now I was carrying a bag full of items which weighed me down and kept my movement from being so graceful. My friend Steve showed up again at this point and I think he helped carry the bag because motion became much easier. We found our way to an auditorium where some people were waiting for us and the show was about to start. Just before I woke up I had a vivid image of Mt Hood with no snow on it. This description doesn't do the dream justice because it lacks in every way the immediacy and intensity of the experience but it was fun for once.

Today was a great day for work. Planting cantaloupe and cabbage. The big greenhouse is nowhere near full yet but it's definitely shaping up. Dad and I went to the second field and laid out flags for the new fence, a job which looms large and burdensome.

Wishing you freedom and joy.

1 comment:

Rae Ann said...

That is interesting. Do you read any dream dictionaries or just take things as your own personal symbolism? I have several recurring themes in my dreams. One is that plants and flowers communicate with me. Another is walking on the beach and collecting large seashells (sometimes there are tsunamis in those dreams). I have had several dreams of being on a ship too. Tornados are the most frequent recurring dreams. And flying. I fly a lot in my dreams too.