Monday, April 24, 2006

The price of hubris

Ahhhggg! Apparently it is alright to feel like a god but when you admit to it that's a bit much. My back is so sore and I've had a rotten afternoon. I can't get the darn emulator for my Smartphone program to work right. The emulator runs but the stupid VB embedded program environment won't hook to the emulator correctly for some reason. I had the same problem 2 years ago when I did some PocketPC programming but I can't remember how I fixed it. After that my main computer crashed and one of my acquaintances had to poop in my cheerios (figuratively speaking) It always sucks when someone not actually part of your business has influence over how your plans are going to be directed. I won't name names but someone decided they didn't like the way I was designing part of my program and decided to interfere. Thus causing me much angst. What good is being in business for yourself when someone else can force a change in the direction of your operation? I don't mind the change in direction, it's the almost 100% certain loss of money that pisses me off! And it always has to come out of my wallet never anyone elses.

Ah well enough whining. I'm glad to be alive on this bright green and blue ball of mud.

May the sky and sun and moon and stars smile upon you.

No comments: