Saturday, April 22, 2006

One sided civility

Getting some plowing done this morning with the ol' 165 Massey. A lovely morning with puffy clouds.

Had the neighbor flag me down and complain that I'd left the radio on in my greenhouse over night and it had kept her awake. So sorry about that, you can be sure it won't happen again. It amuses and worries me when I have such an encounter. She mentioned that other people in the mobile home park had been over-hearing my radio during the day. So now I'll remove that from the greenhouse. Because in this day and age of civil complaints and warrantless lawsuits I just can't take the risk of offending any one of the 50+ people in that mobile home park. Sure, it's ok for them to throw empty spray cans, wood scrap, paper towel rolls, broken toys, old plastic containers and an assortment of other junk over the fence into my fields but if even one of them go to the county with a complaint about dust, noise or smell from my farm then Bam! restraining order and/or financial penalty on me. Never mind all the years that someone from the mobile home park has stolen corn from my fields. Apparently civility is a one way street. I think the real reason they didn't like my radio playing was that it was tuned to Lars Larson.

Anyhow, done with my little break and snack so I've gotta get back out on the tractor and start plowing the next field. This'll be where we plant white corn this year, was the cantaloupe field last year so there should be some good residual calcium to help the white corn be especially fine.

Wishing you freedom and happiness.

1 comment:

Rae Ann said...

Ah, yes, that one-sided civility. I'm getting a taste of that lately myself. It never ceases to amaze me that the very folks who claim to be 'good' and 'Christian' and whatever are the first to throw stones at anyone who might disagree with them. So sad. Hope your day is great otherwise!