Sunday, April 02, 2006

Dreams along the coast


Continuing the saga of dreams fostered by a lack of inebriants, last night was another marathon. This time every dream and dream sub-scene contained a coastal reference. Firstly just traveling along that oddly unique roadway that is the coastal route. Escaping from an assortment of pursuers I found myself in a tour boat, witnessing whales and the rocky shore so common along Oregon's coast. (I should note that I've never been on the ocean so my imagery sprang from somewhere else; a mix of river trips and TV shows perhaps?) I spent a little time exploring green and mossy tidepools slimey with algae. I began to feel queasy and someone kissed me on top the head and I felt better. Then I was thinking of buying a bowling alley/movie plex which was slowly moldering in the salty ocean air, probably at or near Brookings. Some people with children in a van came by and gave me and the lady I was with (? That's a new one worth noting) a ride to a different local, a wind swept but heavily forested hill high above the ocean with new paving on the road. There was much more but it is now becoming lost in the fog of daily awareness.

Today: more planting, repair the spray rig so I can hop on protecting the fruit trees whenever the weather turns dry enough again. Dad and Bro are gonna go take down the sawmill frame from the hill where we were cutting oak planks a couple days ago.

Hoping the spirit spices your life with some vivid moments and breathe-taking freedom.

1 comment:

Rae Ann said...

oh, and whales in shamanism represent the 'storekeepers of knowledge.'