Friday, April 21, 2006

Looking forward to Glenn Reynold's new book

New Atlantis has a great excerpt from Glen Reynold's upcoming book "An army of Davids" which I am now totally looking forward to. I might even Buy this one. Nobody tell the library, ok?

The article is called "The rise of the guerrilla media" and it's about us, the bloggers. Since we're all immense egotists I'm sure you'll all love it as much as I did.

I can substantiate the fact that I've been telling my friends something like this for years, although I wasn't thinking of blogs at the time. To me the big transformative media change was going to come from what I saw as the obvious convergence of 3 technologies: the cell phone, live streaming video and GPS. Put these together with a little cryptographic trickery to prevent faking and you have the perfect witness. Events will be recorded with unquestionable veracity especially if more than one witness is present.

No comments: