Friday, April 21, 2006

I feel like a bum Friday

I feel like a bum because I didn't work very hard today. Got up a little late (6:30!) did a little computer stuff, planted a few trays of melons, got ready for a new software project involving smart phones (just what I need!) then went over to the second farm and sprayed the roads with round-up while dad disc'd the field with the 165 Massey Ferguson. Only serious work I did today was pulling up the old rug from our selling room, that was hard but didn't take but about 20 minutes. Came home, watered the greenhouse and planted a tray of "Planter's Jumbo" cantaloupe and "Jumbo Hale's Best" similar but different varieties.

So all in all I was pretty much a slacker today. If anyone has some good ideas for smart phone programs they'd like to have just let me know, I'm gonna need some projects to stretch my mental muscles on. Will most likely write the first programs in Visual Basic Embedded and only move to VC++E if I have to. I hate C++ it's just an excuse for some programmers to be obtuse. I wonder what the situation with Java is on smart phones? I'll have to look into that, I really like Java (both the code and the drink.)

Wish the world freedom and giggles.

No comments: