Saturday, April 22, 2006

Chance and stupidity

Ifni (goddess of chance and numbers) taught me a lesson about keeping my mind on the job. I was moving the cement mixer down by the big greenhouse, still frittering to myself about complaining neighbors, when I forgot that the mixer handle folds in one direction. As the thing got going down hill the mixer barrel got over center and the handle folded thus flipping it onto it's side and jamming one of the foot pads into the soft flesh above my left knees. Gave myself a nice little furrow of my own about 3 inches long. Son-of-&!#(% you can imagine I turned the air blue for a few minutes as I limped into the house for some bandage and tape.

But other than that the day has gone well. Almost done plowing last year's cantaloupe field. Will try and get a pic of that up here for your edification.

1 comment:

Rae Ann said...

Ouch! Sorry to hear that you got hurt. Yesterday was a hard day. One of our dogs died.