Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Mainstream media info conspiracy?

I've been following some disconcerting news from Alexandria Egypt via the Egyptian Sandmonkey and Big Pharaoh apparently there has been some remarkable violence there between Coptic Christians and muslims since Good Friday. I've been watching and watching all 5 major news channels (on cable) Fox, both CNNs, MSNBC and that other one CNBC, I think. Not a single channel has mentioned this outbreak of sectarian violence once in the last 5 days. What's the deal? Do they really think that Katty Couric changing jobs or the lacrosse team getting busted for alleged rape is more important to us? Or is my dad right (as he so often is) and there is a program of disinformation in place yet again. I know what Uncle Al would say, or I can imagine something sufficiently caustic. Even KCMX talk radio with Bill, Lars, and Mike haven't popped this up on their radar. Weird!

No comments: