Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Sad morning, rejoicing

Been listening to Uncle Dennis' funeral from Dumas, Ar. and I'm reminded of just how lucky we are to live in a country where we're free to worship as our souls are called. I think it was my uncle Ben speaking and he reminded us that even in sadness we have reason to rejoice.

It's a lovely morning here, a few clouds brushing the top of Fielder mountain. The congregation in Dumas are singing sweetly and mom's birds are busy at the feeder.

I'm just through with my first little chore, did the dishes so mom and dad could take it easy when they get back from town. The weather's good so I suppose dad and I will tackle some more greenhouse work after they get back. I'm gonna take advantage of the short lull to get some reading done. Can't decide if I want to go with "The Triumph of God's Love" or "Doubt". Maybe a little of both.

Hope your day is touched by sweetness and light.

No comments: