Friday, February 20, 2009

Great day's work

Worked hard enough to make my back ache, hoorah?

We got a lot done today despite the late start. Cleaned up the back yard some more, rototilled part of the early garden. I pruned and sprayed all 3 peach trees. Well, 1 is a nectarine technically. Dad had a great day, only 1 or 2 spells of fatigue. We'll each sleep well tonight.

It was just lovely today, with the sun warm enough to make me crave barbecued hot dogs. The ol' Osprey has returned, shrieking around the neighborhood for a couple hours while we cleaned up. The smell of bark and chainsaw oil brought the scene together for a perfect Oregon moment.

Hope you all had a day as fine or better.

1 comment:

the knitrider said...

We planted a dwarf peach in our yard and I have no idea how to take care of it. I think it is too young to fruit or prune, but once it does fruit I guess I will have to worry about spraying it too.

Sorry to hear about your uncle as well.