Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Melancholy morning

Woke up feeling a little down this morning. Some weird dreams I don't recall well, that often leaves me feeling out of sorts. I think that some of our future financial challenges are weighing on me. Right now things are ok, but I'm just aware that more medical bills will be coming in. There isn't a lot of software work right now and it's quite a while until the farm can produce any sort of cash flow. On top of that, we'll have to spend a fair amount of money before we can even get the farming operation rolling. But I suppose that's why they call it "having faith" otherwise it'd just be knowing.

The land is mottled with snow this morning. Sis is probably stuck at home because the Sexton summit pass is closed. Trucks are backed up all the way to Barton Rd. Sure hope she got to sleep in, it'd just be good for her.

It's pretty out there but it's also really cold. Don't feel much like walking or doing any chores in that mush and slush. Deeply and profoundly grateful that I have the choice at the moment. Will have to take out some compost and do a little clean-up later but it can wait now. Think I'll read for a while.

Y'all have a super day and find happiness in the trivial things.

2 comments:

Rae Ann said...

You're allowed to have some melancholy times... there's a lot going on. I was pleasantly surprised at how much of my dad's cancer hospitalizations, tests, treatments, etc, were covered by Medicare and his Medicare supplemental plan. I guess we ended up paying less than $1000 out of pocket for everything, and he was in and out of the hospital several times and having all kinds of tests and treatments. At least we know some of our taxes are actually doing some good. Hope your mood brightens soon!

Guy said...

Getting better already, Rae. Still not much sunlight but a good cup of tea after lunch and some useful chores to entertain me always seems to help. Like my friend Doc Joe says, "stick to the simple things"

Hope you're having a good day too.