Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Thai-peanut-chow-mein-stir-fry

Mhmmmmmm! Just got through making a batch of Thai-peanut-chow-mein-stir-fry to share with mom and dad. None of my own vegetables yet, unfortunately but still very tasty. I adapted the recipe from a delightful Thai place in Eugene, Or that had a kick butt peanut sauce, first place I ever tried it. I make mine a bit spicier.

Good day of work today. Just weed control and watering, sort of on a nearly routine now. My niece Randi was here this morning and dad had her tying wires in the tomatoes. Glad that got done. I repaired some irrigation pipe and did a little weed eating with the string trimmer. Icky, itchy work.

Darn beetles have moved into my cantaloupe. I thought I had them all controlled but now that the bees are pollenating there isn't much I can do about them. And boy are there loads of bumble bees and honey bees working those flowers. Bodes well for a good harvest if the beetles don't do too much damage.

2 weeks until we start harvesting corn. My neighbors (bless them) have five fig trees the fruit from which we will be selling for them. I love figs. We will probably also have one of the nieces pick blackberries for sale. What a huge blackberry crop we'll have this year! Many tons along the east fence if we could somehow pick them all. Probably due to the huge amount of late rain.

Happy sprinkler rainbows for you!

1 comment:

Rae Ann said...

The stir fry sounds yummy, though I'm kind of wimpy about real spicy food. We also have a bumper crop of blackberries this year. Does your mom ever make jelly? You just can't beat homemade blackberry jelly.