Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Another hot one

97 degrees right now and soon I will have to go back out to work whether I want to or not. Got to go put "risers" on our 3 inch pipe at farm #2. The corn is getting so tall we now have to add lengths of pipe to get the sprinklers over them. This also necessitates the driving of steel posts to keep the sprinklers from falling over. Lots of hard work in the muggy heat.

About 1 week out from opening for sales right now. Today I found a nearly ripe watermelon. It was delicious. The tendril was dry, the bottom was yellow and red juice dripped from the cut stem but I could tell from the "thump" that it was still a little under. Glad I picked it though since my niece was here and she really enjoys melons. Also we've been eating corn for 2 days now. A little young but deeelicious!

Uhg, my lower back is really sore. Muscles cramping and sharp stabbing pains pulsing every once in a while when I sit wrong. It'll get worse before it gets better as my muscles adapt to the increasing work load. Soon boxes of corn, squash and melons will be added to the load. Trying to get a line on some muscle relaxants from a friend. I'm very careful about what I take, but occasionally a little pharmaceutical goes a long ways.

Hope life is treating you well.

2 comments:

Rae Ann said...

Sometimes I use this vibrating pillow on my lower back. It really does seem to help when I've overworked it. And sometimes I'll put some Tiger Balm on it, but it does have a medicine/herbal smell that can be a bit strong.

Guy said...

Excellent suggestions. I'll see if I can locate either of these items. My friend came through with a half a muscle relaxant, all she had to spare at the moment and it helped a bunch last night.