Monday, July 24, 2006

Heat strain, part 1

I call it heat strain (that might actually be a medical term, I don't know...) instead of heat stroke because it was just a strain. I only got a little sick feeling. 3 hours of mowing up and down tall, humid corn rows under the blazing sun in near 100 degrees will do that to a guy.

Had me like an hour long nap and some noodle salad and now I feel much better. Oh, and a bunch of gatorade.

Good news on the irrigation front. Both this morning and yesterday we found running water in the ditch. We've been able to run several sprinkler settings and the drip system as well as run a little flood irrigation in the watermelon. They love that. I'd like to thank whoever it is living in the 5000-6000 block of Rogue River Hwy. that was kind enough or on vacation or whatever. Hopefully no one had to die for me to get water. That would be a little too ironic. We still run out around 1pm but I'll take anything I can get and thank whatever forces are responsible.

Wishing you a patch of cool grass to wiggle your toes in.

2 comments:

changapeluda said...

We're all havin a heatwave, then.
I did get to waggle my tootsies in some wet green grass today, thank you very much!
:)

Rae Ann said...

Be careful working in that heat! It sounds like you know how to handle it though.