Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Mowing and going

The first 3 fields of corn are totally silked up now. Pollen falling everywhere and a delightful aroma that just can't be described. I spent several hours beneath the blazing sun mowing the walk ways and enjoying the vicissitudes of labor. I'm not sure what vicissitudes means exactly, never looked it up. Hold on...
vicissitudes: n
One of the sudden or unexpected changes or shifts often encountered in one's life, activities, or surroundings.

Yeah that'll do. Had to keep changing gears and swapping action on the mower.

This morning when we were spraying in the 2nd to the last corn field I was being delighted by the optical dance of dewdrop rainbows. What ephemeral colors can be experienced through such infinitesimal apertures. So bizarre that the same stuff makes up 3/4ths of our bodies and covers most of our planets and yet is fairly rare in its liquid state in this solar system.

Wishing you a fun and interesting day.

1 comment:

Rae Ann said...

Water is endlessly fascinating to me in all of its forms and functions. I've tried to photograph the magic of dewdrops in the morning sun, but I have yet to truly capture it.