Monday, January 02, 2006

Working for a living

Ow! My back hurts. Spent the morning working in my brother's welding shop. Dad and I had to push the garden tractor onto the back of the truck and I got some stabbing pains in my lower back; muscles and a pinched nerve I'm sure. Oh, the simple life of a farmer. Wish I could afford a chiropractor. The pain is radiating to the front and down my leg so it's definitely a pinched nerve.

The mountains are lovely, draped with heavy fog banks that remind of pictures from Columbia and Peru.

Rain supposed to start again tonight. If it clears out enough later this week we'll put the big greenhouse up. I can't wait to get started on the cut flowers. We have several hundred 'mums to use for mother plants, I hope to have thousands to sell by summer. Also I'd like to try an experiment with some of the bulblets from our gladiolas. By starting them in January in the greenhouse I think I can get them to flower before the summer is out.

No comments: