Wednesday, January 18, 2006

The Rogue runs high again

Heavy rain yesterday and last night have swollen the Rogue again. We always measure it by how far it can be seen across the neighbors roof. I don't think it's quite to flood stage but I'm sure the RVers are getting nervous if they haven't already bugged out.
Now reading the third book in Robert Jordan's "Wheel of Time" series. "The Dragon Reborn" pretty good stuff.
Going to Byron's funeral at 11 today. Hope the rain holds off for at least part of that. Have to see the old boy off; another person who was a better friend than I appreciated. Really wish he could have made it to one more corn season.
Terrible night last night. Pains from my back, pinched nerve, pulled muscles and wisdom teeth kept me up from 2:30 to 5:00 and when I did drift back into slumber weird dreams awaited me.
I hope your day is far finer and resplendant!

1 comment:

digiphile said...

Hey there....I noticed that you had linked to my blog, though I couldn't find any reference as to why.

Thank you for the vote of confidence represented by the link, whatever the cause.

I enjoyed reading about your efforts, and only wish the climate here in Boston was as conducive to berry growing. My blackberries and currants are sad little canes, battered by the winter ice and winds here in New England.

Best from the Atlantic coast.

D