Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Rainy Backache

That describes this morning well. Pinched nerves and crampy back muscles meet a torrential downpour.
Sent mom off to the vets with Molly kitty. Some sort of disease prevention shot (parvo?) all I know is it's like 70$ holy c**p! That cat better learn to kill mice soon.
What is it with these insane prices nowadays? Would anyone ever pay me 5$ an ear for corn? I know that biologically produced material is more expensive than chemically produced most of the time. But come on, vaccines are made in eggs. What's a dozen cost now $2.50? A little centrifuge time and a pass through an osmotic filter and suddenly that's $70.
Of course that's nothing compared to the profit margins to be had in the electronics industry. When I think of the 20$ worth of material in an iPod I always have to laugh.
And where do those huge profit margins go? Money is meaningless if not spent or invested. You'd think some rich CEO would stop by my farm and insist on paying me 5$ an ear for my corn just to get rid of the extra cash he or she is carrying around.

No comments: