Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Super summer to all

In the northern hemisphere anyways. Love you Aussies, so happy winter to you.

I'm so delighted with this season; it is impossible for me to work a longer day today than I did yesterday.

Today the nieces were a great help. They pulled weeds in the melons and tomatoes all morning, something which had been concerning me deeply. Dad and I finished putting down fetilizer through the next field of corn. Only need to put down about a ton more for the last few fields and then in a couple weeks we'll switch to sulfate of ammonia for the earlier plantings.

Tomorrow we'll plant white corn again. Not a new crop for us but one we don't usually bother with. Yellow is just better. But we had so many snobs ask for it last year that we will be providing it this year at a substantially higher price ;-) I just can't wait to hear the howls of indignation from the spoiled "want-ers".

Hoping life is giving you lots of lemons for your lemonade.

1 comment:

Rae Ann said...

Yeah, I like yellow corn better too. And I'm waiting on those lemons to grow up a little more before I can make lemonade. ;-)