Friday, June 02, 2006

Dodging raindrops

Lots of little showers blowing through again today. The ground is too wet to do any of the planting I was planning on so it has been a make-work day. Lots of clean-up, sorting, sifting and shifting.

Yesterday dad planted onions while I fed miracle grow to my melon transplants. That took most of the day after some equipment tinkering in the morning. Funny how seemingly trivial jobs can consume entire swaths of time from your day.

This warm, damp weather has the mosquitos swarming like we seldom see them in southern Oregon. Deet is my cologne of choice 2 or 3 times a day. Global warming is transforming my little corner of the world into a tropical jungle. Now if I can just find a good supplier for banana plants.

Wishing you a day of mystery and freedom.

1 comment:

Rae Ann said...

"Funny how seemingly trivial jobs can consume entire swaths of time from your day."

You just summed up the bulk of my life! But I guess I try to think of it as being like a worker bee (or ant) that does its job to keep the hive going. We've had lots of storms and rain the last few days too, but today is really nice. But a big oak tree fell on our neighbor's garden in one storm yesterday. I've heard the music of chainsaws all morning. Hope you have a great day!