Thursday, January 03, 2008

Storm #1

It is just raining down out there. The ground was still frozen at 6am but it's about 43 right now and raining even harder than it was when I started typing.

NWS says this is the first of 3 storms and that tomorrow's will be even worse. Won't be much pruning going on but I've got plenty of other work to do. My barn is still a huge mess and I've got like 20 other projects that could all use my attention plus whatever I manage to do with the computer. Maybe I'll summon the courage to write that pruning guide now. If I'm really courageous I'll tackle a neat MAKE project I saw and cobble together my microscope and an old webcam. That should satisfy both the geek and scientist in me.

Lots of weird stuff going on in the news. We're all gonna be so sick of hearing about the campaigns by November, uhg I'm totally saturated on Iowa already.

Everybody keep dry and happy.

1 comment:

Rae Ann said...

Yesterday I finally did a project that I'd been intending for a very long time. I recovered a down comforter because it had worn spots where the feathers and down were coming out. I don't like those flat sheets so I used a couple of them to sew a duvet (comforter cover). It was such a simple project but I'd been avoiding it because of the size of the parts. Well, I'm glad I finally got it done.