Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A Congress induced nightmare

Our illustrious congress is having hearings on the use of steroids in baseball.

I don't even know if I need to write anymore, that sentence alone is sufficiently insane.

One phrase I overheard on the telly my dad was watching:
"Baseball fans find themselves in a drug induced nightmare"

How about Americans in general? We've got a congress that thinks this hearing is actually worth doing. I am forced to wonder, have any of our congressmen or women ever been tested for drug or steroid use?

Because that's the only explanation I can think of for what they are doing. They must be smashed out of their gourds, hallucinating on some mescaline or wired up on crank to think that this is an appropriate use of their attention.

1 comment:

Rae Ann said...

It certainly does seem like a misplaced use of Congressional time. It is a big problem for student athletes and professionals too, but it's about like that Tipper Gore led music labeling thing back in the 80s.