Friday, January 04, 2008

The death of advertising

I am getting so sick of the advertising on tv. It's bad enough what I've got to pay for the privilege on a monthly basis, cable, subscription, tv upkeep etc. I mean, I already pay to have the signal brought to my house.

I figure that in a given week I watch 2 hours a day for 6 days. 20 minutes of each hour (at least) is wasted on commercials. That's like, uhmm... 4 hours a week. At minimum wage that amounts to an additional fee of 29 dollars a week! 1500 dollars a year, and for me that's been at least 30 years. The advertising industry owes me $45,000 damn it! And the same goes for anyone else trapped in the insidious tv addiction.

I say we put together a class action suit and sue for it! It'd keep the lawyers busy at least.

3 comments:

Rae Ann said...

Yeah, I agree, and I feel the same way about all the flashing, dancing, intrusive ads online.

Anonymous said...

Three letters... D V R.

Guy said...

rogueandpoet:
2 words... poor, dumbass