Wednesday, January 23, 2008

22 degrees F

The F is for "Freakin' Cold!" (only I didn't say Freakin')

Cold, dry, frozen harder than a Popsicle. Now I know this aint no Siberian, Alaskan, Canadian or Antarctic (sorry whoever I left out) kinda cold, but I'm used to a 40 degree winter with lots of rain and this stuff just hurts. So cold it's blowing right through my long-johns.

But man is it good for keeping down the pests. Insects and some fungus really get hurt by this sort of weather.

Today will be more pruning and clean-up. Getting ready for a big burn of all the loose branches and scrap fiber leftover from last years farming operation. Will have a couple piece of some new pottery to fire in that as well if I can squeeze a tiny bit more time into making a few more slips and glazes.

Stay warm and be happy.

1 comment:

Rae Ann said...

We are having a colder winter than last year. It's good for the reasons you mentioned, plus I think it strengthens the other plants and trees to be cold stressed sometimes. I'm just guessing about that, but it makes sense.