Savage Farming

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A good tip for fellow bloggers

On a number of occasions, especially when I am offering gardening advice like "How to grow eggplants" or "how to grow tomatoes" my articles have been ripped off by other sites, a blatant violation of my copyrights. What really makes it irritating is that these are always vulture ad sites or some other gimmic pile of crap.

Dailyblogtips has a great idea about how to hurt those "scrapers" which use adsense, a most common advertising medium from Google. I'll be using this technique for sure and so should anyone else who gets ripped-off by such a-holes.

2 Comments:

  • Thanks for that information. How do you know when your content has been "scraped"?

    By Blogger Rae Ann, at 7:22 AM  

  • I've followed links from sitemeter to places that are framing my content and also if you use a particularly unique phrase in a posting you can search for it with google or whatever and find places that are copying your content.

    Hmmmm.... makes me think that'd be a good search engine option: Find Pages like this.

    By Blogger The Guy, at 8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home