Monday, November 19, 2007

Another FINALLY! moment

I've been saying this for like, six years now. There are plenty of people sitting around America who would love a chance to do something as important as protecting our borders with some of their spare time and the technology to allow them to has been around for well over a decade now. I'm sure my friends and family have reached that "here he goes again" stage when I talk about it.

With a little open source cooperation from the public we could come up with ways to work in teams, accelerate response rates and filter erroneous reports. The stats totally support the fact that the public attention resources are there; 43,000 hits per hour.

3 comments:

Rae Ann said...

Well, if you ask me, I'd say they should add to that system a way for people to 'stun gun' the illegals crossing the border. Take them down for an hour or so until the 'authorities' can come and collect them.

Guy said...

I was thinking of an remote controlled paint-ball machine gun myself. Maybe with glow-in-the-dark fluid for nocturnal use. Something that'd bind to deep skin layers for a couple of weeks or even some sort of nanostructured material or smart dust with distinct isotope or element ratios that identify where and when the illegal alien was tagged. Something biodegradable and less harmful than desert dust. A quick scan with harmless radio waves would reveal the particle's signature embedded (temporarily) in skin, nasal and lung tissue.

You could sell time slots on the remotes to help pay for it all.

Like I told Ol' Stogie chomper, "tag an alien win a stuffed animal."

Rae Ann said...

LOL, I like the way you think. I've often fantasized about paint ball shooting bad drivers, esp. those who speed through the school zones. Your high tech idea additions are cool. We do keep a lazer tag gun in the car that I use to shoot bad drivers. It might be fun if other cars had sensors that let them know they were shot. Or even better if we could shoot messages to them, like "slow the f*** down". ;-)