Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Foggy morning

Lovely fog covers my world this morning. The air outside is perfumed like a giant cup of exotic tea. Probably from all the leaves on the ground.

Have come up against a number of consistent barriers in my programming so I'm taking a little time off and putting my energy into getting the rest of the farming tear-down under way. Was gonna say "done" but done is a long way off yet.

My biggest problem in programming right now is that winXP interferes with some of my install package. Keeps preventing me from installing files to the system32 directory so I'll probably switch to registering their location in Program Files instead. Which of course requires a complete rewrite of my install package. Uhg.

Hope you all have a fine day.

4 comments:

Tokenhippygirl said...

Foggy here this morning in Northern Oregon, though it's starting to clear out over the river. Really lovely.

I also wanted to say thanks for your comment on my blog at http://tokenhippygirl.wordpress.com It was much appreciated.

Lastly, concerning your programming woes... think Mac! LOL Just had to say it. Cheers.

Rae Ann said...

We drive across a river every morning on the way to the middle school. The sun shining through the fog is always so pretty.

Guy said...

Hi Hippie Girl,

Glad my inanity suited you.

I take it from your comment that you haven't been programming since you were thirteen years old? Writing software for a Mac is like riding an insane, diseased elephant. No offense, it's just a sucky platform to program in. There are literally hundreds of languages and integrated development environments for the PC many of which are free or inexpensive. Most all of them are also a delight to work in. The Mac on the other had... well it's sort of an options desert. I understand why Users like it though; simple, smooth elegant interface hiding the dirty details. That's just my opinion and probably a little harsh at that ;-)

And thank you so much for being kind enough to hunt me down and leave a comment.

Hi Rae,
Sun hasn't been popping out until late in the day here. How's the drought doing down there? I'm going to give the governor of Georgia a little hand with his prayers. Should contact some druids and medicine men too. We're supposed to have rain during the next week, maybe I can funnel some south.

Rae Ann said...

Hi Guy, thanks for asking about the drought. I've been meditating on it and am researching the appropriate materials for a rain charm. I like to make these 'sun-catcher' types of things with beads and crystals, etc. Well, maybe with the right intentions I can make a 'rain catcher' too. If I was into drumming and dancing I'd do that too. ;-) Any good thoughts and prayers from OR are very appreciated. The situation seems more desperate in Georgia than in our local area, but it will get worse here if the drought continues much longer. Anyway, we shouldn't dismiss the power of prayer. Thanks!