Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Wirelessly yours

Mom and I spent most of yesterday in Medford getting her car worked on at Lithia. It's still there and we had to rent a car and it's still going to cost over $1000 to finish getting the defroster fixed. Dang it Toyota! don't you have any pride or sense of responsibility in your product? Does the word "integrity" mean anything to car manufacturers? Granted the Camry is a pretty nice car, but come on!

While we were in Medford I grabbed a wireless router at Circuit city (Netgear WGR614 or somethin' like that, 29$ after rebate...) So that I am now blogging to you from high in the vaulted loft of my barn. The 21st century has some pretty dang cool things. In 1979 you couldn't have had your own wireless digital network for any amount of money. Now it costs about 64$ if you buy everything new. I supposed off eBay you could get a complete setup for a lot less. 5 more years and they'll come in your cereal box ;-)

Cloudy day but only the faintest trace of precipitation. Gotta go be useful.
Y'all be happy now.

3 comments:

Rae Ann said...

Congrats on the wireless upgrade! I need a stronger router because it doesn't cover all of the house well enough. Hope you had a Happy Halloween!

Basket Cynthia said...

Hi 'The Guy'! Just trying to send the Pictures I took and I'm a computer-dummy so you'll have to tell me how to send 'em. Thanks! P.S. The Birds are Loving the SunFlower Heads and I'm enjoying the rest...Those Apples are the Best!

Guy said...

Hi Rae,

Hope your Halloween was fine and spooky. It was really creapy here in the barn, shadows seemed to move and strange creaky sounds and whispers crawled around the corners.

Hi Cynthia(!)

Glad you got some of our good Golden Delicious before we closed. All you need to do for me to see the pics is to go back to your main blogger page and hit [New Post] then click the image icon (below Title: , sixth icon from the left) the rest of the process is self explanatory. Then copy the address of your blog, come back here and paste it into a comment so I can see.