Saturday, October 27, 2007

Last Day !!!

Last Day! Last Day! Last Day! Last Day! Last Day! Last Day! Last Day! Last Day!

Ok, so I'm obviously pretty excited about today being the last day of sales at the produce stand. Still lots of work to do in the end-of-season tear-down but at least the artificial timing constraints imposed by a commercial outlet will be gone. And best of all I won't have to put up with anymore corn-peelers.

Tonight we will have celebratory pizza. Wish I had a girlfriend to invite over to share, that'd make it a perfect evening. But, oh well. I've never been able to summon tears for overturned dairy products.

Gotta go get girded. Y'all have a super day.

2 comments:

Don said...

Congratulations on completing the season! I'm sure it was in fine style. I appreciate your comments on my blog, and certainly value your experience and expertise. I will certainly be factoring all of your info into my brain-whirl of planning and thinking! I'd love to see some pictures of your Road-side Stand sometime. I've thought about doing something like that here, but not sure yet. Just part of the thought process. I've had folks tell me to specialize on ONE crop (like peppers, for example) and just sell that. Then others tell me to plant SOME of everything! Still debating. Thanks for your input, brother farmer. I appreciate it.

Rae Ann said...

The kids had their big Halloween party on Sat. so we were celebrating too. Good riddance to the corn peelers! ;-)