Sunday, October 07, 2007

Harsh week

Bad weather, slow traffic, low product supply along with a menagerie of outside events pressing in on us made this a difficult week.

Dad and I spent this morning planting Brussels sprouts and other mixed cole crops. Had to cover that with deer-x even though there's a pretty effective fence around the field. Would be just like one to find a way through the barb wire.

Then we spent the rest of the afternoon picking mixed pumpkins, winter squash and gourds. And I do mean mixed, a lot of these things are volunteers from last years pumpkin/gourd/squash patch and some intermingling of bloodlines has occurred. With delightful results. I'll try to find time for some pics.

Getting tired now, gotta go get ready for tomorrow.

Hope you all are well and happy.

1 comment:

Rae Ann said...

Sorry to hear about the hard times. But that's cool about the volunteer gourds. I do hope you get to post some pictures. And I hope things improve a lot this week!