Saturday, September 02, 2006

Unusually slow holiday Saturday

We were down about 25 percent from last year. Usually this is one of our busiest days. I think mom is right, we are finally seeing the impact of the elevated gas prices. All the traffic past our stand has slowed down.

Still it was a very busy day. Quite a few more 1 or 2 dollar corn purchases, which often take as much time and energy as a 5 dollar purchase of several items. Thus more work with less pay. So I am tired and sore from all that lifting and bending. Already took a naproxen and a melatonin so some deep, painless sleep should be upon me within the next hour or two. I rarely take naproxen because of the slight increase in heart attack risk but today it seemed worth the risk.

Oh yeah, saw a lovely white and black osprey flashing in the sun as I first drove into the field this morning.

Wishing you all a sweet and mellow summer evening.

No comments: