Monday, September 11, 2006

9/11 ruminations

I wanted to take the time to write something sublime and profound today but found myself inundated with the flotsam and jetsam of the media's attempt to do the same. Much like politicians it seems as if the media might be trying to take advantage of this memorial. But let me not be unfair to them all. They are human too and many of them see themselves just as I do, a stalwart American. Sure they are selling lots of ad time, but they are also commemorating those we lost and those who were lucky. I'm sure many of them, both politician and journalist, are still as full of rage and hurt albeit turned to a simmer by time.

I did find one article which summed up a particular feeling I had almost forgotten, you can read it here and with that I will wish my fellow Americans strength, courage and clear vision to pursue the freedom for which our nation stands.

God bless you all.

1 comment:

Rae Ann said...

I allowed myself to be angry yesterday. I think it's okay to allow that feeling to come out sometimes. It helps us learn how to deal with it. I'm very sad about how many people don't seem to understand the bigness of 9-11. They tell us to 'get over it' and similar sentiments. Well, it's a lot like losing a parent. You never get over. You just learn how to live with it. I hope you had a peaceful day!