Wednesday, May 02, 2007

A day of vicissitudes

The assorted changes and alternate courses that one's experiences might suddenly take.

Started the morning with am entertaining breakfast with Del. Proceeded directly to a hair cut next door to the diner. Rain was profuse by the time I left there.

Got home in time to turn around and go back to get plants with mom. Brought home about 400+ assorted pepper and tomato plants.

Had lunch and went directly to Bro's welding shop to work on a trailer for one of the new spray rigs (pics tomorrow) we were using some scrap steal which had paint on it so by the time I was done welding, burning paint fumes had made me nauseas and given me a headache.

Got home and had dinner. Lovely, lovely, lovely post rainstorm landscapes greeted me on an evening walk after super. The verdant hills made vivid and glorious by a shining golden spring's sunset light. Got many pictures some of which I'll share tomorrow too. Saw a dang stellar blue jay steal some poor birds baby from the nest. It is difficult to dispassionately watch nature play out her some times cruel designs perhaps because I delude myself into often thinking I am not caught up in the same design, subject to the same vicious forces.

Despite that unsubtle truth, let me wish you a fine and fortuitous evening.

3 comments:

changapeluda said...

i am always so glad i came here

Guy said...

Hi Changa, long time no type. So glad I was able to delighten you.

Rae Ann said...

Sounds like another productive day. I went to the zoo today with my youngest's class. It was a good time. Last night I sat on the front porch and watched the giant orange moon rise up through the clouds. Nice breezes, just a perfect moment. I kind of feel guilty that I have time to watch the slow moonrise like that.