Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Blasted

Sorry I haven't posted lately, I know how lonely the blogosphere can become without me ;-)

My modem apparently died, unbeknownst to me. So I've had no internet service for about 4-5 days now. Since work has been raging like crazy I didn't have time to look into it. Today mom ran an errand for me and stopped at Charter and they came through with a new, smaller modem (for a price of course) a little tinkerin' on the phone with technical services and the thing is up and running fine.

On the subject of work: Corn is in the ground! 44 new rows of 4 kinds of corn are already swelling with incipient moisture. We put it in yesterday beneath the blazing sun. Wind blew grit, fertilizer and dust over me all day long as I followed the seeder checking for jams or skips in the assorted menagerie of devices on our seeder. Walked over a mile and a half trailing that balky apparatus. But we got a bunch of more bugs hammered out and with just a few more tweaks the rest of the corn season should be a blast to plant.

I dropped dad off this morning to do some more land work at farm#2. While I was there I quick stuck in assorted sunflower seeds at the end of each corn row. This seed is third generation restarts from a field of mixed types we planted about 4 years ago so there is great variety in the flowers that are produced.

Gotta get back to work soon. Hope you are all doing well and happy.

1 comment:

Rae Ann said...

I sometimes feel a little guilty when I read about how hard you work.