Sunday, March 11, 2007

Turkey morning

Lovely sunlight and thin puffy clouds out there this morning.

Just got through feeding the turkeys some corn we saved from last year's sweet corn crop. It's dry and hanging in the shop. The crunchy feeling of shelling it off the cob is sort of trippy, it hangs with my for a while- a ghost of sensation in my hands. Body memory.

The turkeys are gorgeous with iridescence in this morning's sun. Bronze and green and orange ripple and cascade across their backs especially the brave one that likes to get the kernels that sporadically drops at my feet. The others chase the corn I throw in the field and fight amongst themselves but this wise one has a found an easy meal.

A fine Sunday to you and yours.

1 comment:

Rae Ann said...

Turkey's are really cool. Sorry about that huge, stupid, idiotic, and embarrassing error in my post today. Wow, I don't know what I was thinking! I guess I wasn't thinking at all. Sometimes my brain is retarded on Sundays. ;-)