Saturday, March 17, 2007

Fence Saturday

Got a late start today as I woke up feeling not so well. A low level flu I guess from the usual symptoms: nausea, sinus headache, aching joints and sore muscles. Could just be spring and work putting me out of sorts. Also I didn't get to sleep until about 1am for some odd reason. So I just did small, easy jobs in the morning; spraying, pruning, clean-up stuff like that. Finally got my feet under me after lunch and dad and I got many hundreds of feet of barbed wire pulled around the north-western corner of the lower field.

Saw a hawk circling to the southeast this morning and of course the squirrels and turkeys were out in force. The day itself was extremely lovely, warm and cool breezes wafting the intoxicating aroma of plum trees in full bloom across the fields. I'm really feeling a strong imperative to get some beans, squash and melons planted even though it is much too early. Might gamble it anyways what with global warming and all ;-)

Hope you all sleep well and awake refreshed and loving life.

No comments: