Monday, March 12, 2007

Foggy morning

The fog lies low and heavy across the fields turning the big oak tree in front of the house into a gnarled and skeletal visage.

The palpable greyness fits my mood perfectly. Uniform and almost blank except for a faint and subtle movement. Especially after last nights euphoria of visiting with all our local family up north near the little town of Glendale.

The aunts and uncles from Mississippi had their first chance to meet my nieces and grand-nieces and the evening was a delight for all. Mom and Sis and my niece Charley all out did themselves in the cooking department. My niece's chicken enchiladas I found particularly scrumptious.

Today is supposed to clear off and get sunny which will be nice for our visitors as they head back to Eugene after lunch to re-board the train.

Wishing you a day of refreshing adventures and joyful surprises.

1 comment:

Rae Ann said...

Yesterday, driving home from taking the kids to school, some smoke from chimneys was hanging low in a valley. It was clearly visible from above but when I drove down the hill it 'disappeared'. It was an interesting visual trick.