Sunday, August 27, 2006

Sunday before Monday

Worked until 1pm and then took a good chunk of the afternoon off to avoid the heat with a long, deep nap. 101 under the apple trees today. Fortunately we had water in the ditch most of the day, just ran out this evening.

Visited with a long time friend this afternoon. So good to reconnect with classmates and old associates. I think one of the most reassuring things is to visit with someone who has traveled different paths but still shares the same fundamental view of what is happening in our times. Sort of a "so it isn't just me" kind of thing.

Well I would love to sit here and ramble a gambol of thought and motion, perhaps reflect a dream or scheme or meme with my friendly readership but I'm afraid tomorrow morning comes too soon and the tomatoes wait for no man.

Wishing you all deep, soothing breaths of happiness and silent echoes of peaceful contemplations.

1 comment:

Rae Ann said...

(crazy blogger lost my first comment) It is a great experience to reconnect with a friend like that. Glad you got to do that! I hate to admit that I've let my tomatoes go to hell this year. I'm a bad gardener. lol