Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Decent Tuesday

Tuesday is usually a slow day but the new big corn sign seems to be pulling in some extra customers plus dad and Randi filled a couple of large orders for beans to make the day turn out quite ok. Lots of our "regular regulars" came in today. People I haven't seen for a whole year. It is amazing how many souls I lose awareness of completely in the intervening months. Many of them are delightful people who definitely brighten up my life. I hope my produce is worthy of their good will.

The first round of cantaloupe have been a bit of a disappointment because we got too much water on them during the beginning of their ripening cycle which reduced the sugar content quite a lot. We're working to remedy that, I'll be cutting off their water completely tomorrow which should drive the last 50% of the field into a sellable state. Fortunately the corn is doing really great to offset that.

Sorry I haven't had time for photos yet, will do my best in the next couple of days to get some visual evidence up here.

Wishing you a day of sparkling refreshment.

1 comment:

Rae Ann said...

Glad to hear that things are going pretty well so far. Have a great day!