Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Cool and slow Wednesday

For some reason cool days tend to be slower. That and the upcoming school season have impacted spending at the stand. But this weekend has always been busy, so many late summer barbecues. Plus we have a new field of watermelon just starting to come on for this weekend so it should be good. Personally I really enjoyed a cool slow day.

Happy 69th birthday to my Dad!~) We had beef stragenoff (spelling?) for dinner. And a little later my brother and his wife will be by to help us enjoy the ice cream cake my sister sent home with mom from Dairy Queen. Yum-yum, German chocolate! Being a total waste of a youngest son, I once again was too busy to get dad something for his birthday. It's ok, he was too busy on mine, so we've got an understanding ;-)

I hope your day is full of happy thoughts and affirming decisions.

1 comment:

Rae Ann said...

Happy Birthday to your dad! My dad just turned 69 in June. I sometimes feel like I'm not much of a youngest daughter for him, but we have an understanding too. ;-) We're very much alike in our personalities and tendencies to be 'homebodies' who get very absorbed in our own activities. And he knows that with 3 kids I'm pretty busy with them. Hope you have a great day!