Saturday, April 14, 2007

Rainy Saturday

Delightful spring rains! supposed to persist until about afternoon, gotta love it.

A hummingbird was sitting on the floor next to a shelf in my bedroom yesterday afternoon. I hurriedly gathered it up and carried it outside before the cat could get it. I think it came in through an open window. Black cat, sleeping on the bed, never even noticed. I carried the poor thing towards one of our hummingbird feeders but he flung out his wings half way there, changing from the dull green when I found it to iridescent orange and took flight towards one of the flowering apple trees.

A day of equal freedom to you.

1 comment:

Rae Ann said...

Hummingbirds are so cool. For such tiny things they can be quite fierce when they need to be. I've seen them chase off much larger birds. Right now there is a cardinal just outside on the back deck.