Saturday, April 21, 2007

Mixed day

Sort of like a soft-serve ice cream cone with vanilla on top and chocolate on the bottom.

The day started with soil prep at farm#2. Once the equipment was hooked up to the tractor I left dad running the new harrow while I ran to town and bought parts for the fertilizer spreader. After all the errands were done I ran back to farm#1 and planted crookneck and zucchini. The rain really started to pick up just as I finished with that so I ran back over to farm#2 and got dad who fortunately had just finished. Now the corn ground is all ready for planting within the next week whenever the ground dries out enough.

After lunch we ran over to bro's welding shop and I laid down some heavy tracks. Also got a chance to play with a plasma cutter which he had picked up on sale. Very, very fun. Can't wait to cut out some truly groovy stuff.

Now having pizza for dinner before turning in.

Wishing you all a stream of productive, rewarding moments and refreshingly blissful interludes.

3 comments:

Rae Ann said...

You're always so productive. Plasma cutters are cool.

Shari said...

Blast from the past here - hey Guy, how's life? I think of you once in a while when we drive down to GP. Cheers to the Guy who gave me my first kiss!
Shari

Guy said...

Hey Shari!

Thanks for the delightenment. Hope you and yours are doing great. I think the song for this moment is Bruce Springsteen's "Glory days"

Hi Rae,
Yeah, metal tech is fun and cool. Not yet so productive but slowly getting there.